Monday 1 April 2013

Anti-Surveillance Clothing

An article on the Guardian website caught my eye today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2013/mar/31/anti-drone-hoodie-big-brother

This piece explores the work of Adam Harvey, an artist/fashion designer who creates clothing, make-up and accessories that are designed to counter surveillance technology. An interesting artifact of our post-9/11 panoptic dystopia.

I am continuing with two large essays, and have made some tentative decisions about the layout and contents of the book (I think, at the moment, that it will only be one book.) I need to make a few models to map out the number and layout of the quires and other matters. I have also made a small one-off book, which I will post photographs of (hopefully) later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment